Help Us Raise the Woof!
To help ensure the pups of Chicago Canine Rescue
have a roof over their heads
while they wait to find their forever homes.
Having a physical building provides so many positive opportunities for us…
– We can house and help more dogs than through a Foster program alone.
– We can have isolation rooms to help contain illnesses so they don’t spread.
– We have outdoor runs to give each dog an opportunity to stretch their legs.
– We have plenty of room for meet and greets between pups and potential adopters.
– We get the benefits of street visibility brining us more adopters!
The downside is a building comes with lots of overhead expenses like rent, insurance and building maintenance. As you can imagine, having as much overhead as we do (a building, employing shelter team to care for all our pups and the medical bills associated with our most needy dogs)… it’s often a struggle to ensure we have enough money to stay open.
Minimum Wage in Chicago was just increased July 1st to $12/hour.
Rent alone is $5,978.41/month.
And in September it’s increasing to $6,449.58.
Our biggest fundraiser, Mutt Strut, is coming up October 20th, and it can’t get here fast enough. The money is needed now.
So, we’re reaching out to you.
Hoping you can help us “Raise the Roof” and raise enough money to help us not worry about our rent payments for the rest of the year.
Your support will allow us to focus on what we do best…
finding dogs who need homes, nursing them back to health, placing them in the best home environment possible… and then doing it all over again.