Help Chicago Canine Rescue dedicate our dollars towards rescuing by donating supplies. New and most gently used items are greatly appreciated. We do have limited storage space, so we have put together a list of the items we need the most.
If the item you wish to donate is not on the list below, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (773)697-8848 for more information.
Donations can drop off items between the hours of 10AM – 7PM Please contact us at (773)697-8848 if you would like to arrange a delivery of a large quantity of items, or if you have any questions.
You can also purchase items from our Amazon Wish List and have your donation shipped directly to CCR. Or add Add Chicago Canine Rescue as your Amazon Smile to make a donation everytime you order something from Amazon.
Click here to see just a few of the ways your donation can help.
CLEANING & SHELTER SUPPLIES
- Disinfectant Wipes – (Preferably Clorox or Kirkland)
- Liquid Bleach – Regular or Concentrated Germicidal – (Preferably Clorox)
- Laundry Detergent ***POWDER ONLY*** – (Preferably Kirkland)
- Disinfectant Spray – (Preferably Lysol)
- Paper Towels & Toilet Paper Rolls
- Contractor Trash Bags: 33, or 50-60 Gallon ***ONLY THESE SIZES***
- Poop Bag Rolls (Preferably Biodegradable)
- Liquid Dish Soap and Hand Sanitizer
- Newspapers (Preferably tied / bagged with the glossy ad / magazines removed)
- Puppy Potty Pads – (we currently do not need dog diapers)
FOOD SUPPLIES, TOYS & TREATS
- Dry Dog Food – Any Grain-Free Dry Adult & Puppy – (Preferably Kirkland or Wellness Core)
- Wet / Canned Dog Food (Preferably EVO, Zignature, Wellness Core, Holistic Select)
- Dog Treats & Biscuits – (Preferably Costco/Kirkland Brand is acceptable.We also like Zuke’s)
- Soft Dog Toys (no rope toys please)
- Kong Toys, slow feeder bowls, puzzle toys (we currently do not need tennis balls)
- Boneless Frozen Chicken Breast (no seasoning)
- Brown or White Rice
- Puppy pads (we currently do not need dog diapers)
- PetSafe Martingale collars and Easy-Walk harnesses – all sizes
- Poop Bag Rolls (Preferably Biodegradable)
Non-food pet items (new or gently used)
- Kong brand toys
- Sturdy rope and jolly ball toys for dogs
- Nylon leashes
- Metal (no plastic please) dog crates of all sizes in good condition
- Plastic cat carriers of all sizes in good condition
- No-pull harnesses
- Stainless steel dog and cat dishes (only stainless steel bowls are accepted)
- Biodegradable poop bags
- Cat litter
- Litter boxes and aluminum disposable trays
- Wand toys for cats
- Dog or cat brushes (new only please)
MEDICAL SUPPLIES & SUPPLEMENTS
- Heartworm Preventative
- Flea & Tick Preventative
- Vaccines, Antibiotics, Bandages, Medications
- Non-Latex Gloves (size medium)
- Two Nest Thermostats to assist with HVAC Energy Reduction Project
- Two Newer Laptops (PC or Apple)
- Two Newer Desktops (PC or Apple)
- Two Newer Computer Monitors
- Monetary Donations to purchase Medical Supplies
- Adoption Sponsorship
- Pet Supplies Plus, PETCO PetSmart, Bentley’s & Costco Gift Cards
- Gas Cards – To help with Transport costs
- Fundraising Donations – Local Venues, Food, Drink, Equipment Rental, Silent Auction & Raffle Items
- Shop our Amazon Wish List and drop off the item in person.
- Shop using Amazon Smile
IN KIND SERVICES
- Printing and graphic design services
- Marketing and PR expertise
- Raffle prize or silent auction items
- Boarding, daycare, and grooming services
- Gardening and landscaping services.
- We are looking for a carpenter, not a handyman, to volunteer their time to help us with some metal doors that get frequent traffic. The doors need to be adjusted, painted and weatherstripped. The hinges and handles may need to be replaced. We have some materials and tools available to use, but additional items may be necessary. For more information, please contact email@example.com
ITEMS CURRENTLY NOT NEEDED / ACCEPTED
- We currently do not need any plastic grocery bags.
- We currently do not need any dog beds, blankets or bath towels
- We do not accept washcloths, hand towels, face towels or rags.
- We do not accept chain collars, prong collars, choke collars or shock collars.
- We do not accept retractable leashes.
- We do not accept bedsheets, pillowcases, pillows or cushions from furniture.
- We do not accept dog car ramps or dog stairs.
- We do not accept plastic or ceramic dog bowls.
- We do not accept food and water bowl holders or elevated pet feeders